Francesco Ferraresi

Francesco Ferraresi was born in Rome in February 1858, where he lived and died in Via Margutta 33.

In 1883, he completed his first public work, the marble bust of General Giacomo Medici, which we can see in Viale Aldo Fabrizi in Rome.

His works include:

The Anguillara Tower before its restoration (Museum of Rome),

Study of Palms (Rome, Municipal Gallery of Modern Art), from his early years of training.

Head of Mother, sculpture signed and dated 1890;

Portrait of Mother, oil on canvas.

In 1890, he exhibited a “small bronze figure” depicting a Faun at the Exhibition of Fine Arts.

His plaster sculpture Faun’s Head from 1893 is in the Municipal Gallery of Modern Art.

– View of the Baths of Caracalla (oil on canvas), 1907, at the Museum of Rome.

From 1919 to 1926, Francesco Ferraresi joined the Society of Watercolorists of Rome founded around 1870, on the model of English and Dutch associations, by a group of ten painters, spearheaded by E. Roesler Franz and N. Cipriani.

– In 1911, showed at Salon des Indépendants, with Parco dei Daini in Villa Borghese and a Portrait,

-1926, a small Self-Portrait, now at the Municipal Gallery of Modern Art

In 1930, he took part in the 2nd Regional Fascist Union of Fine Arts exhibition with three works: Villa Pamphili, Dark Sunset in the Mountains, August Sunset in the Roman Countryside.

In 1941, before dying, he donated a considerable number of his works and those of his brother Adriano to the Municipality of Rome.